IUI to Roux-en-Y to ?? has given me my first blog award! :D I feel loved! I'm going to have to respond to this award in two parts, since I'm just about going to be late for the bus if I don't start moving NOW. Come back tomorrow to find out who I'm passing on the award to, and my answers to Jamie's questions!
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. What a fun way to get to know other bloggers!
If you receive a nomination, there are a few rules to follow:
1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked.
3) Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate.
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post.
5) Bloggers must be notified of their award! (I will likely slack on this one - Jamie)
6) No tag backs!
11 things about me:
1) I was born in a foreign country that hardly anyone can find on a map.
2) I'm the only person in my immediate family who lives in the US.
3) I'm infertile, but founded an online community that teaches Fertility Awareness.
4) I love cats.
5) I've only driven our car once since the day we bought it. Incidentally... it was the day we bought it. :P
6) I met Michael W. Smith by "accident" in 2005. My mother has powerful prayers. :)
7) When I was in high school, it took me 3 buses and a ferry to get to school.
8) Growing up, my favorite food was spaghetti with margarine and Parmesan cheese, topped with Ranch dressing. Unfortunately, I can't eat any of that any more. :(
9) I'm a good writer, but I only managed a C on my grade 12 English final. Go figure.
10) I hate poetry. (See #9)
11) Summer is by far my favorite season. Unless we get a foot of snow in winter.
Jamie asked me 11 questions:
1. When was the last time you played a board game?
When my parents and my sister were here for Christmas.
2. What game did you play?
Geografacts. Dad is the only person who will play with me, so I only get to play when he comes to visit.
3. What was the last book you read?
The last book I finished was Emerald Windows by Teri Blackstock.
4. What movie did you last see in the theater? How was it?
Les Miserables. It was good!
5. What item(s) are you never without?
6. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?
7. Do you have siblings? Are you close?
Yes. I have 1 sister and 1 brother. I don't think we're extremely close, but we're closer than a lot of siblings. :)
8. What kind of music do you listen to?
Christian music, or classical.
9. Have you ever met anyone in person that you met online?
I love this question. The answer is yes. Most of my closest friends I met online. I've met a few of them, and Daniel and I actually took a vacation to see one of them (and her family) in 2011.
10. Do you still have a land phone line?
Yes. With all of my immediate family in Canada, it's still cheaper for us to maintain a landline. :)
11. Do you watch reality TV?
Yes. And that's all I'm going to admit to. :P
Here are the 11 questions for my nominees:
1. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
2. What is your favorite topic to blog about?
3. What is your favorite dessert?
4. How did you meet your husband?
5. How old were you when you got your first cell phone?
6. Who is your favorite author?
7. What do you love most about your husband?
8. What was your favorite memory of 2012?
9. Why do you blog?
10. What is your favorite TV show?
11. If you could move ANYWHERE in the world, where would you move, and why?
And, finally, my 11 nominees...
The first four are dealing with infertility. The last seven are either pregnant, or parenting. I don't read a lot of blogs, can you tell? :)
1. C.N. from Team Harries Beats Infertility
5. Kristy, from Strength, Hope, and Everything In Between
6. Lisa, from (Still) Trying to Conceive
7. The Griswolds from Our Grisworld
8. Jules from How I Spend My Dash