Monday, November 5, 2012

MTHFR Monday--What are some symptoms of MTHFR deficiency?


*UPDATE 1/15/13* If you've found my blog via Google, WELCOME! Thanks for stopping by. If you have more questions about MTHFR after reading this post, and the two linked below, please read this post and leave me a comment there, letting me know what else you'd like to know about MTHFR!

Welcome to another MTHFR Monday!

So far, we've talked about what MTHFR is and why you might want to know if you have it. Today, we're going to discuss some symptoms of MTHFR deficiency.

First, it's important to recognize that not everyone will have the same symptoms. Even people within the same family may exhibit different symptoms. That being said... here's some information about common symptoms of MTHFR deficiency.

Symptoms of MTHFR deficiency can be seen in two body systems, and exposed by one external influence, but they're all caused by a systemic issue. High homocystine levels are often a sign of MTHFR deficiency, and this is due to a lack of methylfolate, which changes homocystine into Methionine, SAMe and Glutathione.

Methionine, SAMe, and Glutathione are needed by two body systems: the central nervous system, and the cardiovascular system. 

When methionine, SAMe, and glutathione are in short supply, the effects on the central nervous system include low levels of Serotonin, Dopamine, and Norepinephrine, which can result in depression, fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, migraines, IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), and memory loss with Alzheimer's and dementia

Effects on the cardiovascular system include: Heart attack, Stroke, Blood clotsPeripheral neuropathy, Anemia even Miscarriages and Congenital birth defects.  

Another common symptom area is in the realm of environmental toxins.  When not enough homocysteine gets converted into glutathione, a person will have difficulty detoxing from exposure to heavy metals in our environment. Some symptoms of heavy metal toxicity include nausea, diarrhea, abdominal pain, liver and kidney disfunction, rashes, hair loss, circulatory issues, and respiratory issues.

Information borrowed heavily from methyl-life.com

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this info. I am a textbook case of a person living with MTHFR & learned something new here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone!! I'm Marilyn Here in the States and I'm here to testify about what Dr. James did for me. I have been suffering from (GENITAL HERPES VIRUS) disease for the past 4 years and had constant pain and itching, especially in my private part. During the first year. This disease started circulating all over my body and  I have used Oregano oil, Coconut oil, Acyclovir, Val acyclovir, Acyclovir, and some other products and it really helped during my outbreaks but I totally got cured! From my HSV with a strong and active herbal medicine ordered from  Dr. James herbal mix and it completely fought the virus from my nervous system, and I was tested negative after 15 days of using  Dr. James herbal mix medicine. I'm here to let you all know that the herpes virus has a complete cure, I got rid of mine with the help of Dr. James herbal medicine.  I came across a testimony of Tasha, on the internet testifying about Dr. James, on how he cured Her of 7 years HSV 2. And she also gave the email address of  the great Dr. James  (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com...]..., advising anybody to contact him for help on any kind of diseases that he would be of help with, so I emailed him telling him about me (HSV 2) he told me not to worry that I'm going to be cured!! Well, I never doubted him. I have faith he can cure me too, Dr. James prepared and sent me his herbal mix medicine made of roots and herbs which I took. In the first one week, I started experiencing changes all over me, after 15 days I drank his herbal mix medicine, I was totally cured. No more inching, pain on me anymore as Dr. James assured me. After some time I went to my doctor to do another test. The result came out negative. So friends my advice is if you have such disease or know anyone who suffers from it or any other disease like Alzheimer's Disease, Warts, Moles, Bipolar disorder, Shingles, HPV, HIV/AIDS, ALS, HBP, CANCER, NEPHROTIC SYNDROME HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer, Ovarian Cancer, Pancreatic cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts, Macular degeneration, Cardiovascular disease, Autism, Lung disease. Enlarged prostate, Osteoporosis. Alzheimer's disease, psoriasis, Tach Diseases, Lupus, Backache, dementia. Kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer. Testicular Cancer, LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY., etc. you can contact  the great  one  directly on his........INFO@drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com  He is a good man, and He will help you.  

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the World Wide Web. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment! :)